We highly recommend watching the MIT Missing Semester
lecture video Version Control (Git) (~1 hour) and reading the
lecture notes. Their Resouces section is also helpful,
- Pro Git is highly recommended reading.
Going through Chapters 1–5 should teach you most of what you need to use Git
proficiently, now that you understand the data model. The later chapters have
some interesting, advanced material.
- Oh Shit, Git!?! is a short guide on how to recover
from some common Git mistakes.
- Git for Computer
Scientists is a
short explanation of Git’s data model, with less pseudocode and more fancy
diagrams than these lecture notes.
- Git from the Bottom Up
is a detailed explanation of Git’s implementation details beyond just the data
model, for the curious.
- How to explain git in simple
- Learn Git Branching is a browser-based
game that teaches you Git.
– MIT Missing Semester lecture: Version Control (Git)
The GitHub Hello World activity is a helpful 10-minute rundown
of how to use Git with GitHub.